A rapidly innovating, nontraditional defense contractor is currently seeking a Mechanical Designer/Drafter to work within their Engineering Design Team at their facility located in Del Mar CA. This position will involve working within a collaborative team environment designing and documenting product solutions to meet customer needs. The successful candidate should possess a strong aptitude for creative design, be resourceful, detail oriented, and work comfortably within a cross-functional team environment.
• Create and/or modify concept layouts, 3D models, assemblies, and detail drawings utilizing SolidWorks CAD (required), SolidWorks Computer Aided Design Electrical (preferred), SolidWorks Product Data Management (PDM) software
• Provide design solutions - being mindful of form, fit, function, manufacturability, and cost
• Support the initial build and installment of designs to ensure compliance with engineering specifications
• Collaborate with Engineering team on entire product developments
• 2+ years of work-related drafting experience with SolidWorks.
• Proficient use of SolidWorks required, SolidWorks Electrical experience is a plus
• Knowledge of engineering design practices/principles, e.g. interference checks, fits, tolerance stack-up/dimensional analysis
• Experience designing electrical cables and wiring
2. Insert the job title in the subject line of your email with your resume.
3. Tell us why you would be a good fit
Premierehire is the recruiting arm for an exclusive base of extraordinary companies in San Diego County helping them find and engage top talent for full time career opportunities. We work closely with you to ensure the opportunity is a good fit and to provide you with the tools and preparation for a great new hire experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status