Emerging, non-traditional defense contractor is building their innovation team. Currently in need of talented Aerospace Electrical Engineer for their San Diego office.
Title: Aerospace Electrical Engineer
Type: Full Time
Pay: $90K - $140K DOE
• Experience in a systems integration level of avionics and military communications system level LRU’s (Line Replaceable Units)
• Ability to develop a SWaP diagram for new designs of externally mounted avionic systems including communication systems of all different types.
• Determine the correct types of cabling needed for electrical and power and digital signal cables.
• Ability to use MS Visio or Solid works for high level diagrams.
• Evaluate aircraft electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
• Confirms system's and components' capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties.
• Perform subsystem analysis, document system requirements and interfaces, with traceability to platform requirements
• Perform/support review and analysis of supplier design data, definition of functional test requirements including acceptance, qualification, and system integration.
• Perform/support design reviews, or reviews of design related documentation (ICDs, system and subsystem design documents, etc.)
• Perform field integration, troubleshooting and repair of communications and data link systems in military flight test environment, including operations on a flightline, in a hangar, and in command and control centers.
• Perform System Integration Lab (SIL) and flight test planning and execution, both CONUS and OCONUS.
• Support development and management of integrated schedules, & briefings and other program communications.
• Develops electrical products by studying customer requirements; develop System Weight and Power documentation and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
• Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components; assist in the development of airborne cable drawings.
• Assures product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
• Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests from our team partners and aircraft platform integrators.
• Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; developing electrical designs that can be designed in an airworthiness fashion and requesting repair service.
• Maintains product data base of the entire system; update and maintain new entering data.
• Completes projects and assist technicians in system assembly.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Ability to get an active DOD Secret Clearance
• Working knowledge of RS-422, MIL-STD-1553, and internet protocol (IP) based networks, development and test methodologies.
• Working knowledge of US DoD Communication systems such as INMARSAT, Wide Band SATCOM, UHF SATCOM, UHF LOS, and/or Common Data Link (CDL), for supporting autonomous aircraft C2 and voice systems
• Working knowledge of Link-16 and other tactical data links.
• Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work confidently in a high-pressure environment, while interacting with all levels of staff from flight-line and field technicians to executive management
• Excellent leadership skills, be a self-starter, pay close attention to details, and have the ability to work effectively in a team-based environment
- Insert the job title in the subject line of your email with your resume.
- Tell us why you would be a good fit
Premierehire is the recruiting arm for an exclusive base of extraordinary companies in San Diego County helping them find and engage top talent for full time career opportunities. We work closely with you to ensure the opportunity is a good fit and to provide you with the tools and preparation for a great new hire experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.